Mothers are known the world over as women of many skills. Even so, there is one elusive ability that commonly escapes them: the skill of self-care. That’s where the rest of us come in! As we take some extra time this month to honor the special role mothers play in the lives of their children, let’s also consider how we can encourage these remarkable women in their pursuits of health and wholeness. Because if mom feels healthier, everyone else feels healthier, too!
For this month’s featured DIY recipe, we’ll create a luscious whipped body butter that will leave skin feeling soft, moisturized, and pampered for days. A combination of butters and oils creates a perfect base for your essential oils of choice. While this recipe uses Jasmine and Copaiba, feel free to use your knowledge of Mom’s favorite scents to create something customized just for her. For example, if she needs some serious relaxation (as most moms do), you might include Lavender but really there are so many plants that help you relax it really depends on her favorite scent. If she loves florals I would suggest one of these doTERRA Essential Oils Jasmine, Magnolia or Rose. If she loves earthy grounding scents try doTERRA Sandalwood or doTERRA Cedarwood in place of the Jasmine
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with one to one-and-a-half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined (10–15 minutes). Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit 5–10 minutes. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until set.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to desired consistency with a hand mixer.
Fluffy, smooth, luxurious, and made just for Mom with her favorite dōTERRA scents in mind. This sounds like not only a Mother’s Day win, but an everyday win. Bonus points for kids who offer a foot massage along with the body butter! Here’s to you, Mom.
DoTERRA Essential Oils are the most tested, most trusted essential oils. For you and your families safety please use only doTERRA Essential Oils.
A third party company recently tested essential oils from 50 companies DoTERRA was ONE of THREE that tested pure AND doTERRA was the most affordable of those three companies.
Join Wholesale & become a Loyalty Rewards Member to get the very BEST deals and prices.