Jenny Mallin Essential Oil’s
Helping you enjoy a happier,
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing where to start, fill out the checklist below and I will send you a customized shopping list.
Essential Oils 101
The essential oils I recommend are dōTERRA® Essential Oils because they are:
What is an essential oil?
Essential Oils are made from plants for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a dōTERRA® essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just pennies per use! View a short video clip introducing essential oils HERE.
How do I use essential oils?
You will soon learn that there are hundreds of ways to use dōTERRA® essential oils, including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil has at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use ~ Breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ Drop in water, under the tongue, or in a veggie capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive system, or overall health.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity - No sunbathing after applying citrus essential oils. Citrus oils are sensitive to the sun since they are made from the rind of the fruit. Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours of that location may have skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - If it starts to burn, skip the water. Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside the ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitization.
5) Safe Storage - The majority of all adverse reactions to essential oils by children have been a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts. Keep out of reach of children. Use child-proof safety caps.
What are the most commonly used essential oils and their uses?
Click on each bottle below to enjoy 1-min informational video clips.
This online ebook shows you simple swaps to help reduce toxins in your home. Start today!
DIY recipes and ideas
Yoga for children & families
Jenny Mallin © 2019
Designed By practicalwebsitedesign.com
Please note - The statements found throughout this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please check with your physician before starting yoga or using essential oils if you have any preexisting conditions.